The Boys and Girls on the Nuclear Bus, June 4, 2013:
(l-r) Gregory Jaczko, Kendra Ulrich, Cathy Iwane, PM Naoto Kan, Arnie Gundersen, Shaun Burnie, Peter Bradford, Eric Pica
In this Nuclear Hotseat Exclusive, former Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan shares about his anti-nuclear political moves in Japan, social media, and makes a startling request of Nuclear Hotseat’s Producer/Host Libbe HaLevy. We also hear the second half of his presentation at the “Fukushima Daiichi Disaster: Lessons for California” panel discussion that took place on June 4, 2013 in San Diego.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK FOR NUCLEAR BONEHEADEDNESS:
Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) for holding a “bizarre bazaar” to sell Fukushima produce at their company’s HQ in Tokyo.
- NRC Staff want to void Atomic Safety and Licensing Board (ASLB) ruling that played a significant role in Southern California Edison’s decision to shut down San Onofre.
- Hanford Site still leaking, getting worse.
- Brockovich investigator gets involved in St. Louis Landfill fire, now only 1,000 feet from buried nuclear waste.
- Nevada Governor Sandoval urged to block shipments of uranium waste.
- Radwaste barrels litter English Channel.
- Audiences reject pro-nuke Pandora’s Promise, now renamed Pandora’s Box-Office Flop.